App store updates for Musket Smoke:
• You can once again attack and fallback in the campaign.
• Exception: You can not fall back after killing an SF unit.
• Stability improvements with fallback action.
• Some minor text updates in campaign.
• Only new players can turn on training mode.
• Training mode auto turns off when player is not a new player.
• Training matches award no ELO points. (Treated as a friend match)
• Campaign matches vs new players do not award the 1 ELO point bonus for winning a campaign battle objective. So if your opponent is a ‘Musketeer’, ‘Private’, or ‘Lance’ then you get no bonus point.
• A training mode warning indicator, for both sides to see.
• Removed the rain.
• New Player Training zone, replaces extra unit handicap.
• Upped free mini-matches to 7.
• Campaign now awards 1 ELO point for each battle win (but not wins from fallbacks).
• Fallback button is removed for the rest of the round when a unit attacks.
• SF Mortar removed and replaced with SF Cavalry.
• Cannon Showdown loses 1 Siege Cannon.
• The Breach also loses one Siege Cannon.
• Tiny dead body graphic from ‘Whhzi I the Clam’ and his friend ‘Halphas’.
• Removed Duke roster limits.
• Blocking muzzle smoke removed from all artillery.
• Rain comes to every online battle on the 16th round.
• Bug Fix: Erratic units after fallback.
• Bug Fix: Full replay removed from a completed solo match.
• Bug Fix: AI in longer attacks itself after winning a battle.
• Bug Fix: Pressing replay button twice in a row caused an issue.
MS 1.81 (Dukes vs New Players – The Perfect Match?)
• New Leaderboard – just for Dukes.
• Fixed iOS 8 issue for GeneralVimes.
• Can now open matches that were passed.
• Option to NOT give yourself ELO points for an expired match.
• Minor adjustments and fixes.
MS 1.80 (Community Boosting Features)
• ReplayKit: Newer devices can record in-game video.
• Friendly Pass: Quit any match in the first 4 rounds.
• Full point payouts for expired matches.
• Full point payouts for quit matches.
• Removed wind (updated manual).
• Removed campaign single device lock.
• Removed the invisible units in trees rule.
• Dukes have one less musket & cavalry in Mini Match roster.
• Reduced Mini Handicap to just 1 extra cavalry.
• Quit matches (won/loss) can now be viewed.
• Campaign units in trees are hidden until you move adjacent.
• Added option switch for new player handicap.
• Changed free mini matches from 3 to 5.
• Campaign matches are now locked down.
• Minor bug fixes.
• Old version matches now compatible with latest version. (ie: will show up)
• Failed cavalry charge (dead) no longer scores when charging a base.
• Fast machines can now read the battle report.
• Final game list item now less obvious when you lose your commander.
• Maps on iPhones can zoom fully.
• Cavalry charges fixed + allowed vs obscured units.
• Naarden city: +2 trees and can not fall back.
• The Big Siege battle – has been completely replaced!
• Less initial visibility in first battle of campaign.
• Removed new player zone (the new handicap is better).
• Fixed rare crash bugs reported through iOS by awesome players.
• Improved analytics.
• A FEW extra cavalry units for players with less than 30 pie pieces.
• ONE extra cavalry unit for players with 30-200 pie pieces. (Mini Matches)
• New Player’s can use expert-mode to turn-off the bonus cavalry ( handicap ).
• Top Bar covers part of the map. Can scroll as expected now.
• iPad Pro layout fixes – dialogs mostly.
• Tutorial popups removed from normal battle.
• Removed text shadows from main screen to improve performance.
• Bug fixes based upon submitted crash reports. Thanks for reporting!
• Stability improvements.
• Support for larger iPhones and iPad Pro.
• In-app purchases fixed (for iOS 9).
• Usability improvements for first time players.
Naarden Changes: (and shaking things up)
• Balanced SF Artillery Reinforcements!
• Naarden City Map – small buildings now treated as light trees.
• Changed unit starting positions in the first battle.
•Removed one important tree from the first winter map.
• Changed Top Commanders display to ‘Weekly’
• Changed Top Mini display from 7 to 20.
• Heart button now goes ‘directly’ to the ‘write reviews’ page!
• Let player decide if they want to connect to game center.
• Lowered sound volume.
• Analytics to find out if tutorial is losing users at any point.
• First time alert to iPhone users (Designed first for iPad)
• Auto expert mode after view campaign ending.
• Minor tutorial adjustments: Corrective suggestions and hints.
• iPhone maps auto center when opened first time.
• Toggle button to show top bar when hidden.
• Various minor bug fixes.
• Fixed graphic glitch – box on game list item.
• Removed Re-Match button (temporarily).
• iOS 9 compatibility.
Don’t forget that you can rate and review each separate update.
Help grow the community of players and support MS with an app rating and/or by simply playing random matches.
• Bug fixes. Extra Mini Match bases.
• Removed kickstarter button.
• Updated last page of manual about upcoming WW2 game.
• Updated purple heart.
MS 1.57 (Happy Holidays! Welcome new iPhones!)
• added iPhone support. MS is now universal.
• added mortar to jazz up the second campaign battle.
• added button with info about Musket Smoke II.
• added online manual documentation for iPhones.
• new players now default to normal online group.
• now only support iOS 7 and above.
• bug fixes
MS 1.55 (includes an App Store Video Preview)• Added new ‘Light Mortar’ unit for Mini Matches.
• Swapped campaign maps 1 and 5, we now start with Winter Keep.
• Better water graphics on Big Ponds map.
• Usability improvements.
• Tested with iOS 8.
• Bug fixes.
• Added proper Mini Leader drop down unit info.
• Minor analytic adjustments.
MS 1.53 New features
• Added ‘New Player Safe Zone’ for online Mini Matches.
• Added ‘Elite Zone’ for online Mini Matches.
• Added one improvement question.Map Changes:
• Replaced Little Pond map.
• Modified 7 other Mini Maps.Other:
• Added a ‘no moves’ (detection) assistance popup.
• Minor analytic improvements.
• Minor cosmetic changes
MS 1.52 We flanked and stomped more bugs! Blasted em good with grape shot and then trampled them into crispy little gore piles with our cavalry.
• Roster now resets upon hit default.
• Initial leaderboard scores are no longer zeros.
• Nobody should be moving your units anymore!
• Fixed missing trees on Artillery Delight.
• Added issue detection code to help keep match integrity.
• Rare match ACCEPT issues fixed.
• Players and last move shown in floating notification.
• Strengthened ‘The Breach’ wall in 4 popular points.
• Fixed rare issue where you surrender and lose connection (freezes match).
• Fixed rare issue ‘no moves sent’ and lost connection (freezes match).
• Offline play with solo maps restored.
• Invisible unit issue detection added.
• Typo fixes.
• No more super rare (score double 8 blue points from a base)
• Added some minor analytics to help with usability and improvements.
• Buildings can no longer select adjacent melee targets and attack them!
• All Time Top Commanders on front page increased to 10.
• Waking the game no longer rarely disruptive to matches or match lists.
• Match list loading improvements and fixes.
• Now everyone can have a purple heart!
• Fixed the rare ‘no moves sent’ bug. Added emergency fail-safe regardless.
• Match state (‘play’, ‘wait’) is now checked on the fly when you open a match.
• Fixed LOS issues with full replay.
• LOS now hides stuff when a unit is killed in a replay.
• Removed auto-run-match-from-lock-screen feature. It had issues.
• Map names (when loading) now have a shadow to better contrast with backgrounds.
The 1.5 MEGA UPDATE!! New features:
• Instant preview damage (see how much damage you will cause before you attack).
• Leaderboards for win counts and pie counts.
• New pie ranking system that ties in with name rank achievement titles.
• Top ELO like scoring leaderboards for competitive (random only) matches.
• Info/top-bar extension (with live context info).
• Double tap map to show/hide full screen mode.
• Campaign SF Units now have visual distinction.
• Rematch button (rematches friend or random ELO games).
• Matches now start RANDOMLY on LEFT or RIGHT side (for Mini Matches only).
• New “NEXT button”, goes directly to playable next battle – bypassing the games list.
• New ‘TRUCE’ option (if both sides agree) you can end the match as a tie.New Content:
• Interactive reference Manual.
• Naarden Spy Report.
• 2 new maps (Mini Match/skirmish) for those who unlock ‘full multiplayer’.
• Ability to add a leader unit to Mini Matches in full multiplayer.
• Ability to see who can play Naarden Matches or start Leader Matches.
• Ability to earn a Purple Heart.Sale incentive changes:
• Reduced the number of free async mini matches from 5 to 3.
• Solo Training area now only features 1 free default map.New rules or rule Changes:
• Cavalry can now damage buildings.
• New Rally (improved strong formation with morale heal)
• Morale hits no longer restricted by size (size 1 units are dangerous).
• Taking a base ends attack and movement.
• Can shoot wall with cannons at close range.
• Siege Cannon can move and shoot (grape) even when enter ZOC.
• Breakaways now only allow 1 movement action.
• Musket Fire toned down (see manual).
• Mortars/howitzers toned down (see manual).Naarden Changes:
• Battle 1: Moved gate units back, added 1 cavalry.
• Battle 3: Added 2 cavalry, removed 1 or 2 foot units.
• Battle 4: Removed waypoints (cannon fight only). Added 2 Cavalry.
• Battle 5: All middle trees are now light.
• Battle 7: Round 7 reinforcements no longer start in top left corner, unit changes.Mini Map Changes:
• map (Open Field) added 1-3 random ‘light’ trees.
• map: (Musket Bridge) removed some trees, now more offensive options.Fixes/Improvements:
• Campaign unit movement speed boost. Now similar to mini matches.
• Better loading and list responsiveness.
• UI improvements.
• Usability improvements.
• Unit interaction improvements.
• New background graphics for Naarden and Mini Match game lists.
• Map UI improvements (no overhanging buttons)
• Solo play improvements.
• Stability improvements.
• Size reduction (removed obsolete videos).
• Many crash bugs fixed.
• Lots of bug fixes!Full Multiplayer! (in-app purchase)
• Price will be going up. Enjoy the ‘low price’ of the ‘Full Multiplayer’ for a little while longer!Full Multiplayer includes:
• REMOVES LIMIT to active online matches.
• 2 bonus Mini Match maps.
• Ability to create a Leader unit within Mini Match maps (for both players).
• Unlocks 9 Local player maps (solo training vs AI and pass n play).
• Ability to create Naarden Matches (Online Multiplayer Campaign).
• The green star acknowledgement.
MS 1.21 New features!
1) A surrender flag for Mini Matches. (thanks to multiple suggestions)
2) Can now quit abandoned games (affects wait displayed for 5 days or more). Inspired by blackfire1929.Fixes and changes:
– a massive 97 textual corrections thanks to CarlRJ!
– bug: unlimited movement. thanks to philo32b.
– bug: nil being sent as a message. (untested)
– bug: 1 building in final campaign map doesn’t block movement.
– bug: can no longer charge between rocks and trees. ie ‘Open Field’ thanks to philo32b.
– bug: Cannons don’t visually shoot over walls in in battle 7 (the big siege)
– main screen forum button now points to blog (with pass through) to forum.
– some changes within the heart button on main screen.
– app no longer runs in background. (a temporary workaround until I can properly address some outstanding issues.)
MS 1.20 Stability fixes: Thank the patrons of Pocket Tactics for this update.
– fixed the ‘end turn’ bug in tutorial (thanks to snotty128)
– proper spelling of ‘siege’ (thanks to Bullwinkle).
– fixed ‘sometimes can’t select tutorial units’ (thanks to CTD)
– fixed tapping on game that was quit caused black screen.
MS 1.19 Big update for full release version:
– campaign now correctly reports Army sizes.
– Profile pies now accumulate across multiple games.
– changed unit colours for non-campaign games.
– auto display Game Center login when needed.
– added splash video.
– added some infrastructure for 4 day time limit. (for future update)
– created new campaign video. (also viewable on second buy info page)
– added twitter and and heart button to the start page.
– stability improvements.
– memory fixes
– bug and typo fixes.
– UI improvements.
– new optional online campaign ‘A Cold Week in Naarden’
– new Tutorial and info video.
MS 1.0 – Musket Smoke – released